I love these photos. I have written to some extent about mid-century Polish Gypsies, and one of my favorite parts about the research is combing through old photos. I especially love the photo here of the little girl.
The old woman, in the picture, is from Spain, in my town, Granada? It seem from this town in the Spain 's south. You Know the importance of this people in Andalusia, Spain.
The photo is taken in a cave, in the mountain named "Sacromonte" -in english "Sacred Mountain"-? But I dont know if the photo is taken from a old movie or from reality... The dancer above is from a movie?
13 comments:
Lovely! Can I be a gypsy, too?
love,
~MM
I love these photos. I have written to some extent about mid-century Polish Gypsies, and one of my favorite parts about the research is combing through old photos. I especially love the photo here of the little girl.
Yes, gypsies the world over! where did you find these incredible photos? And oh, you need a tinker!
Gigi- I love the photo of the little girl, too, with her baby caravan... I would love to read what you have written sometime!
A tinker? An itinerant traveler? (check out last photo..) Ph source: LIFE archives. my best, gg
The old woman, in the picture, is from Spain, in my town, Granada?
It seem from this town in the Spain 's south.
You Know the importance of this people in Andalusia, Spain.
Evaristo-Amazing! I think she is otherworldly beautiful. I would love to learn more about her...
i keep thinking about the last photo and dreaming of a pet bear... too great. thanks for inspiring me Gretchie. xoxo, Megan
Megan- hI!! I know, just too good, right? kind of like Goldilocks, but way better... xoxo, GG
yes way better is right! nice store too. I'm proud.
Thanks Megs! I am too!!
The photo is taken in a cave, in the mountain named "Sacromonte" -in english "Sacred Mountain"-?
But I dont know if the photo is taken from a old movie or from reality... The dancer above is from a movie?
great photos.
Post a Comment