before the bulldozers come...
O Apricot Tree
If you were a woman,
you would have produced
enough offspring in your lifetime
to populate a planet-
a tastefully sized planet,
like Mercury or Venus-
inhabited by delicious people
not too sweet,
or tarted up,
with names like Goldilocks,
and Nectar,
who don't overdo it on
the perfume.
A world I prefer
over asphalt, concrete
and cookie-cutter houses,
any day, any lifetime.





4 comments:
Oh! Gretchen,
So much splendor in your beautiful homage to the apricots. Thanks for making our loss a little less terrible, and forever memorable.
Your photos are as strong as any taken in the WPA era.
Mary
Thank you, Mary! (Partial credit to T. of course.)
She's been a good ol' tree. I'm gonna miss her.
You may have noticed, my skin appears to have turned an orange hue...a definite side effect of eating too many apricots!
Bless us all, G.
This is so sad to hear...I know you and your family have such wonderful memories...beautiful pictures of a bountiful apricot tree.
Thank you, Helaire-
It truly is sad... Wish you could join us in our farewell feast! XO, Gretchen
Post a Comment