Look all around there's nothin but blue skies
Look straight ahead nothin but blue skies
After weeks of rain, I was beginning to wonder if we were ever going to have a summer.Yesterday the sun showed up, surrounded by nothing but blue sky. I rode my bike up the canyon listening to this song by Johnny Nash on my iPod. I was feeling it. A perfect theme song for the day-- and hopefully, season...

Today, we are back to more rain. I can only hope the sun will show up to its own party
on the Solstice; it just wouldn't be the same without it...
P.S.
Not that I don't appreciate you rain, I do, very much.
My little flowers are singing in it and secretly, I am, too.
But maybe you could show up after we have a few weeks
of glorious desert sun, okay?

3 comments:
Oh, I know what you mean. I've been holding on to the little moments of sun we've been getting here in Massachusetts, trying to feel like summer's really here, or at least on it's way!
"Yeah, it's gonna be a bright, sunshiny day!" A very fitting post, Gretchen! You know, we've had that same rain through May and June here in New Jersey--who would have thought the rain was everywhere! Is that you, happily jumping for joy?! Beautiful!
M: It is a bright sunshiny day here today, at last! My sister found the photo somewhere and sent it to me; it reminded her of me.
Hope the sun is shining where you are. Happy Solstice! -- GG
Post a Comment