Monday, April 6, 2009

The Book Specialist


Recently, I have been invited to be the "Book Specialist" at work.  What this actually entails is a bit nebulous.  I think it has a lot to do with making sure books are put back in their proper places as customers don't always seem to be too concerned about this.  Although I work in a retail store, not a library, I can appreciate the way Parker Posey's character in "Party Girl", deals with this issue....  

5 comments:

Marnie said...

Oh my! Dare I ask if this is a good thing for you? Or how you were the chosen one? LOL

Maybe you can keep feeling the influence of Venus and see what happens! LOL

I love you.

~MM

Sarah said...

Oh what I wouldn't give to say what I think when I see some of the things customers do in our store....
diaper changing on new rug,
vomit pocket in sale room,
lovers in the atrium.....

Marnie said...

I guess this is the beginning of a new adventure. :) Humor is transformational...and breathing deeply is a good thing too. When it comes to our day-to-day lives, isn't it about practicing?

May the Lady Venus light your way and guide the steps of your dance!

~MM

Maren Marie said...

oh priceless!

this bright day said...

g - let's just put the books and the hardware any damn place we chose. maybe mixed together? i have these really nice white cubby spaces i'd be willing to share.

and...will we be gifted a book review soon? let's also invite the beauty specialist to join us!