Thursday, May 21, 2009

Morocco










Remembering my trip to Morocco last May (and plotting another trip, in my dreams...) I took mostly video clips. Luckily I managed a few snapshots. Don't know what I was thinking. Shopping, mostly. And getting familiar with the camera I literally got the day before I left. I miss the donkeys trotting alongside cars, motorcyclists, bikes; ancient times mixed with modern. And the way they expressed their frustrations loudly, quickly returning to good humor. There was a flow amidst the chaos that was fascinating. I made some good contacts for a trip back there one day, discovered my tribe, and developed a love for Africa that will last a lifetime...

5 comments:

Marnie said...

That is just so cool! I love, love, love the photos! And your description makes me want to go there, too!

Be well. Much love,

Marnie

Margaret Pangert said...

Wow, that's an expensive canary: 1,000 euros! Your pictures are fabulous and it must have been quite an exotic trip for you. Did you see any of the casbahs? (So many were broken down into little rooms and alleyways, but the mosaic tiles are still there!) A book I think you would love reading is The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles. You are full of surprises, Gretchen!

Gigi Thibodeau said...

I love these photographs and am so taken by your description of the donkeys trotting alongside cars and bikes. Your post was like a journey in miniature! Wonderful.

Sarah said...

I too am planning another Morocco trip in my dreams! Except maybe next time I will be able to speak the language. Don't you just drool over those colors? And the food, I drool over the food too.

The Powells said...

amazing